Saturday, May 22, 2010

celebrating a legend...





I know I'm a bit late on writing this...but I feel compelled to celebrate the life and legend that was Alexander McQueen. The British designer hails from my original heritage {both of my parents are British} and I am only one among millions who place his genuis craftmanship and conceptual thinking on a pedestal. Sarah Jessica Parker, Katie Holmes, Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Sandra Bullock, and Rhianna are just some of the celebrities who have pledged an allegiance to his talents and worn his duds across red carpets near and far. Tragically, he ended his life and career in early February of this year. Along with all threads of his creations, his 2010 spring/summer collection, with fantastics like the armadillo heels pictured above, will live on in our closets...and our hearts. xo

No comments: